Thursday, April 7, 2011

Enchiladas

Hi, everyone! I've not been feeling well lately and have been super busy, thus my lack of blogging.  However, things are settling down somewhat, and I thought I would share one of my new favorite meals with you guys--turkey enchiladas (which go great with Spanish rice).  I know what you're thinking....and yes, I meant to write "turkey."  Of course, if you're not hip with using turkey in place of ground beef, you could always use it instead (or even shredded chicken or pork for that matter).  I have been buying it lately for two reasons: it is cheaper than ground beef/chuck, and it's better for you.  If you're not confident that the rest of your family will happily swallow turkey enchiladas, then do what I did---don't tell them it's turkey! Haha! The first time I made this, my husband had no idea that it wasn't ground beef and he loved them. It wasn't until later in the grocery that he spotted me buying turkey and then proclaimed that he would not be eating anything I made with it...that's when I confessed to my little switcheroo, and he had to eat his words. (Cheesy, I know, but I had to say it...Haha!)

Enchiladas

1 lb. ground turkey or beef
1 package of McCormick Enchilada Sauce Seasoning
1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. water
8 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
1-2 c. Mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium saucepan, make enchilada sauce according to package directions. (1 package seasoning + 1 1/2 c. water + 8 oz. tomato sauce).  Brown the ground turkey or beef in a hot skillet and drain any fat. Transfer 1/2 c. of enchilada sauce to ground turkey or beef.  Take each tortilla, and dip into enchilada sauce to thoroughly coat.  Transfer to baking dish.  Lay tortilla flat, and place two generous spoonfuls of turkey or beef onto center, then roll up, leaving the tortilla edge on the bottom.  Repeat with remaining tortillas.  Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, being sure to generously coat them.  Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.  Serve hot with Spanish rice or refried beans.

Yummy is all I've got to say about these babies!


2 comments:

  1. *ooo* Turkey!! What a good idea!! I will have to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'll have to attempt this recipe some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...