Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Egg & Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches

  OK: I'm not an expert on copyright, but I'm pretty sure I can't use the famous food chain's name for this breakfast sandwich because that would be trademark infringement or something; but you probably know what I'm going for here...hopefully.
  
First of all, if you love bread and have never tried an English muffin, you must! They are my favorite pre-made breakfast item (unless you count cereal...) And they are a great, quick breakfast bread. The texture is so much better than toast, and they're perfection when simply toasted and topped with homemade jelly. You can get them at practically any grocery store (I bought 12 for $1.99 at Kroger!) However, if you would like to eat something a little heartier than just a muffin with jelly, try making an egg and muffin sandwich!  They're delicious (not to mention cheap and easy)!   
Egg and muffin sandwiches are a great and easy way to start the day!

Egg & Muffin Breakfast Sandwich

1 English muffin
1 egg
1 slice of American cheese
1 slice of Canadian bacon
butter or buttery spread
nonstick cooking spray
dash of salt
dash of pepper


Split and toast the English muffin.  While the muffin is toasting, heat a small skillet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium high heat.  When hot, break the egg into the skillet and fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until it holds together enough to flip over. Dash with salt and pepper before turning.  Flip the egg, break the yolk, and dash with salt and pepper.  Place the Canadian bacon on top of the egg and continue frying until done (about 2-3 more minutes).  Add the slice of cheese during the last minute of frying so it will melt.  Spread the toasted English muffin with butter or buttery spread, and place the egg so that it is situated between the layers of the muffin. Cut in half if you wish. Serve hot!

4 comments:

  1. these have become apart of my weekly menu, and my sons favourite,they really arevery quick to make....... I love you blog layout too, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only part you're missing is the Canadian Bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chantal: thanks. I'm still trying to figure out this whole blog thing. Jess: if only I had some to put on it!!(I'd say cheese wouldn't be too bad, either...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...