Monday, March 7, 2011

Is That a Cookbook--or What!!!

OK, so I'm going to embarrass myself a little here, but I'm so excited, I really don't even care if you find out   how big of a nerd I am! Haha! My "new" cookbook came today!  It feels like Christmas around here right now! (No; really--I was so excited, I actually called my poor husband at work to tell him that it came!....I know, I know...)

Is that a cookbook--or what!!! =)
I have been searching for some old cookbooks on eBay, and finally came across some that I really wanted. This is the first of the lot, and needless to say, the mother of them all! It is actually a binder with 20 of Good Housekeeping's Cookbooks contained within.  They are each about a specific type of food (i.e. "Good Housekeeping's Book of Cookies," etc.), and are from 1958. So you know what I'll be doing in my spare time for the next few days/weeks/months... =)

If anyone knows of any really good, vintage cookbooks, please let me know as I would love to add to my collection! (PS: I am expecting Betty Crocker's Party Book and Betty Crocker's Entertaining Guide any day now...)  =)

5 comments:

  1. O.M.G. That cookbook is CRAZY HUGE!!

    Stephanie
    http://stephanieeverswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! You found that on eBay? I'm going to have to start hunting for that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I know!!! I had to snatch it up before anyone else found it! I paid less than $15 for it--including shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no better record of solid Midwestern fare than pre-1955 "Joy of Cooking" cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I love that cookbook binder. I had been collecting the individual cookbooks until I came across this binder set. There is also a second binder full- same huge size- that includes international foods among others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...